Friday, August 21, 2009

新版阿给

Sometime back, saw that this restaurant in Citilink is serve ring Taiwanese food. Took a look at the menu, there are typical Taiwanese food, however I found some interesting dishes in the menu……. '棺材板' and '阿给'. I had tried '阿给' long time ago when I traveled in Taiwan and I missed the food. As there was a long queue outside the restaurant, thus I did not queue to go in during that moment.

Finally, I went there to have dinner tonight. I ordered the '阿给' and Taiwanese Fried Chicken Chop rice. The Fried Chicken Chop rice is a normal type where the chicken meat is coated with Sweet Potato flour and deep fried. However, when '阿给' was served to my table….. I asked:” what is this?”….. the server said “It’s '阿给'!”.

我当场傻眼了!!! This is NOT '阿给'!!!! It is just a '酿豆干'!!!!

I think if my Taiwanese friends see this….. fainted men!!!

The actual version of '阿给' is using '油豆腐' (or so called '豆卜') stuffed with '冬粉' and use '鱼浆' to seal the opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment